Personal information is defined as information about an individual that could be used either on its own or with another piece of information to identify a person. Please note that it does not include information where your identity has been removed. Under GDPR, all personal data obtained and held by us must be processed according to a set of core principles. In accordance with these principles, 4uSupport will ensure that:
* Processing is fair, lawful and transparent
* Data is collected for specific, explicit, and legitimate purposes
* Data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing
* Data is kept accurate and up to date. Data which is found to be inaccurate will be rectified or erased without delay
* Data is not kept for longer than is necessary for its given purpose
* Data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of personal data including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage by using appropriate technical or organisation measures
* We comply with the relevant GDPR procedures for international transferring of personal data
4uSupport may ask for or hold personal confidential information about you which will be used to support delivery of appropriate care and support to yourself.
These records may include:
* Basic details, such as name, address, date of birth, next of kin, marital status,
* Contact we have had, such as appointments and home visits as well as details of care provided
* Information from people who care for you and know you well, such as health professionals and relatives including information regarding your care and support needs
* Personal sensitive information such as sexuality, race, your religion or beliefs, and whether you have a disability, allergies or health conditions.
Please be advised that it is important for us to have a complete picture, as this information assists staff involved in your care to have all the relevant information for your care plan in order for staff to deliver and provide high quality care in order to meet your needs.
Information is collected in a number of ways, via social services or other healthcare professionals involved in your care such as occupational therapists, physiotherapists, GP or directly given by you and/or a chosen representative.
Other information 4uSupport may hold for you could include:
* Bank account information should you pay for/towards the cost of the services provided to you by the company
* Your feedback and contributions to questionnaires and surveys about the service we offer
* Your complaints, compliments or concerns about the service we provide
* Any accidents and incidents or near misses you may have been involved in whist on our premises or whilst our employees are delivering a regulated service to you – this may include details of injuries and treatment you may have received.
4uSupport does not collect any personal data through the use of our main website other than information submitted via our recruitment page. This personal information will only be used for the purposes of job vacancies advertised by the company.
If you contact us by email and telephone, we will only collect and process the personal data which you provide to us and it shall only be used for the purposes for which you provide your personal data to us.
* To prepare, review and update a suitable care plan, describing the nature and level of care and support services which you have requested we supply to you
* To communicate with you, your representatives and any appropriate external social or health care professionals about your individual needs and personalise the service delivered to you
* Invoice you for the care and support services in accordance with our terms and conditions
* Carry out quality assurance procedures
* Notify you about changes to our services which are relevant to you
To provide best care possible, sometimes we will need to share information about you with others. We may share your information with a range of Health and Social Care organisations and regulatory bodies. You may be contacted by any one of these organisations for a specific reason. In these instances, they will have a duty to tell you why they have contacted you. Please be advised that information sharing is governed by specific rules and law.
Sharing with other organisations
For your benefit, we may also need to share information from your records with other organisations. These may include but are not restricted to social services, education services, local authorities, the police, voluntary sector providers and private sector providers. However, we will not disclose any health information to third parties without your explicit consent, unless there are exceptional circumstances, such as when the health or safety of others is at risk or where the law requires the disclosure of information.
4uSupport will keep your electronic information safe by protecting it with electronic safeguards and controlling and monitoring who has access to it. We will keep any documents securely locked away
in premises that are also secure and ensure all our employees are trained and up to date in information security and data protection.
We do not, as a matter of course, transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area and use, as far as possible, UK or European data centres. Where we use data processors who only have overseas-based data centres we only do so in limited circumstances and always only after completing a thorough due diligence process to ensure the continued safety and security of your data.
The confidentiality and security of your information is of paramount importance to us. We have appropriate organisational and technical security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Please be assured that 4uSupport limits access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it and those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
4uSupport will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Personal information kept electronically and in harp copies will be kept for the length of your contract with the company plus 3 years.
Personal information obtained via our feedback procedure will be kept for 2 years so that we can identify trends and patterns in our service
Financial records and transactions will be held for 7 years in line with our legal requirements.
Because the data we hold about you is your data, you have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you:
* Right to Access – this means that you can ask us for a copy of all personal data we hold about you. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
* Correction Right – if you believe that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such information by providing us with the correct up to date information. In addition, you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out of date information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation.
* Right to be Forgotten – this enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. Please note that where we are obliged to keep your personal data because of a regulatory or legal requirement, we will not be able to delete the data and must continue to retain it
* Right to Restrict Processing – in some limited circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your data.
* Right of Objection to Processing – you have the right to object to us using your data for direct marketing purposes and to profiling.
* Right of Data Portability – you have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you in a commonly used and machine-readable format. We can provide your data either to you or to such other third party as you specify in your request.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the information we hold on you, the use of your information or would like to discuss further, please contact the company’s Data Protection Officer using the contact details below:
4uSupport - FAO Data Protection Officer
Billacombe Business Centre
15B Billacombe Road
Phone: 01752 710202
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by visiting https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephoning the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113.
If you would like this privacy promise in another format (for example, in audio, large print or braille) please contact us using the contact details above.